Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brokenhearted (2009)

It was a place you didn't want to be
It was a side of me you didn't need to see
Everybody lies and there's stories
People walk more easily from day to day
Doing what they want with more ease

So you left for a breath I couldn't give
So that misery didn't have to be a way to live

Everybody cries and there's no gain
Hiding at night thinking there's a way
To find all they need without pain

So take me to the place when you go
So I can feel the things that you know
Everybody dies and there's no way
To get yourself around it or escape
Easier to accept and just pay

Take me away to that place for a break
I'll give it all, just you continue to take
So why do I cling like a crazy child?
Why do I behave when my heart is wild?


It was a crime I shouldn't even behold
It was a sight to even stutter the bold
Everybody tries for the best one
Hurting other just to get their own way
But can the moon ever catch the sun?


Everybody lies and there's stories
Telling me over again that it's true
Everybody cries for so much pain

But I'd still rather be with you
Everybody tries for a loved one
But broken hearted seems to suit you

No comments:

Post a Comment