Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ever Again (2006)

When you climb back into bed
And the pool of tears on the pillow
Has gone cold as an iron kiss
You can't let your face rest on it
Quite the same way
As when you were weeping.


When someone removes your heart
From the safety of your breast
Holds it carefully in a warm palm
Then as you watch the stroking fingers
They change into claws so sharp
Every moment removing a slither of your soul.

What would you do?
If someone opened you to your most vulnerable state?
And after they had you as weak as you could be
Tear ever emotion from the depths of your being.


Would you ever let it happen again?
Could you ever feel as weak as that?
I found the slices of my shattered heart

Lying strewn and scattered on the floor
I gathered them slowly, clutching them to myself
I took a metal box placing the pieces inside gently.

I turned a key in the lock,

Then threw the key inside
Slammed the lid until it clicked
After this, I put this box inside me,
Where my heart used to be.
So now you see my dearest friend
The only way to unlock my heart
Is to be inside my heart already.

No comments:

Post a Comment