Thursday, June 9, 2011

Translation (2010)

Let it brew like a good cup of tea
Now, what shall I write about you and me
I've been sitting a while, thinking it through

Words aren't enough, they simply won't do!

It's so much more than subject and verb
So much more than a 2 paragraph blurb

So much time wasted reaching for the sky
I was born to live earth bound, why even try?

Letters form words, your tongue forms the noise
My brain understands it and processes your voice
It tells me what you told me, the words you said
The meaning, definition, but not necessarily what you meant



Yet then a moment occurs which devalues the rest
It causes a drum beat to resound deep in my chest
It happens a thousand times, yet I wish the number to rise
It happens when your eyes gaze into mine



Pausing a moment, sure the world pauses too
It feels like you feed me everything I needed and knew
It tells so much more than the sound of letters do

So give me a moment, I know we'll find time
Sitting here in this moment, clock beating our rhyme

I'll put my finger to your lips, you'll not narrate
But through your own magic, I'll hear all you never spake.

No comments:

Post a Comment