Thursday, June 9, 2011

Song Needing Sung

Ah! Can't sleep with that noise
Plus many quiet thoughts 'bout boys
String two lines together, it's begun
This is the only way this song gets sung

Stuff inside my mind trying to escape
Some of it's partly broken down too late

It seems like it'll be stuck there always
Who says that crime doesn't pay?

It just uses a slightly different currency
You ain't even started to see what I see
I've been rhyming for a while now
Yet I still ain't learned how to give it wow

Lifes what it needs, your beating drum
It needs a voice, song needing sung
Your eyes skip a line down this page
My heart skips a beat as I engage

The noise inside my walls and brain
The sound that drives me more sane
Sane is far from where you are
I have travelled wide and far

Only in my dreams you know
For that is where real travellers go
It doesn't cost you this planets coin
Not even a members club to join

You can't get told, can't get sent
You'll always know when you've been and went
I feel sleep washing over it seems
It's time to swim in my sea of dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment