Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rain. Down.

I hear the soft spring rain fall
Bathing the plants
In a gentle rehydration
From the days scalding heat

It leaves footprints on my window

And paw prints on my floor
I hear it dripping from the eaves
It rains, it doesn't always pour


Tiny droplets formed up high
Rhythmically falling from the sky

Like the sound of beating drum
First splash heard, here they come

Raining down impartially
Falling on you as much as me
Clinging to leaves in trees
Filling up over-flowing seas

Running down your jaw line
Dampening corners of your mind
Puddles grow awakening mud
In gutters little streams like blood

Falling through the teeth of a grate
Coming back together in a messier state
Flowing down to where, who knows?
Below the surface, many rivers flow

No comments:

Post a Comment